The Disney College Program Tag


1. How did you hear about the program?
I kind of always knew about it... I remember on one trip, we were talking to a cast member in Frontier Trading Post, and she was participating in the DCP. We talked to her, and she was telling us how she was in college and was participating in the DCP. That was when I learned that it was a real possibility for me to do while in college.
2. How was the interview process?
It was very fast for me. I applied on the first day that applications were open. I had the web-based interview sent to me the next day. When I passed the WBI, I was sent the link to sign up for my phone interview. I signed up for the following Sunday afternoon, August 26th. Then, I waited. I was lucky enough to be in the first applied wave, and I was accepted on September 5th. 
3. Where were you when you found out?
I was at work, and I just happened to be checking my email when it popped up. I couldn't contain my excitement, so I stepped out of my office to call my family and tell them!
4. What is your role? Preferred roles?
My role is QSFB, and my preferred roles were seater, character attendant, QSFB, and front desk.
5. How did you find your roommates? How many do you want?
I have been talking with so many different girls, and they are all great! I have found 2 awesome girls, Samantha and Sarah! I know that we will find some more awesome girls to room with! I really want 6, if possible, but I would be okay with 8.
6. What are you going to miss while in the program?
I am going to miss my family and friends from college. As I am typing this and when I post it, my college friends are planning for next semester and signing up for classes, but I'm not and it feels really weird knowing that I am not going to be here next semester. I am kind of sad that I am going to be gone a whole semester from college, but I know that it is going to be the best semester ever!
7. What’s your favorite Disney park?
My favorite park is EPCOT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Spaceship Earth, and I love World Showcase! EPCOT was the park that Walt was really looking forward to, but he never got to see it. When I go to EPCOT, I always remember Walt and how he never got to see this dream come a reality. 
8. What is the first thing you want to do when you get there?
I want to go to a park! I haven't been to a park since the summer of 2017! I can't wait to just be at Disney and stay for 6 months!
9. What is number 1 on your bucket list?
The number one thing on my bucket list is to go to all of the parks by myself. I have read and heard all about when you go to a park by yourself how you experience new things. You can go slower and look at all the details and admire them. You can also do whatever you want, and you aren't worried about other people!
10. One thing you hope to take away from the program?
The one thing that I hope to take away from this program is magic. This experience is going to be so magical, and I want to be able to take the magic with me wherever I go. Plus, I know that I will make so many new friends, and I am so excited about that!


"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~Walt Disney

My dream has always been to work at/for Disney, and I am making my dream a reality through the DCP! 

Comments