More fun at Studios, Backstage at Everest, and a Photoshoot at EPCOT

April 11



For some reason, Sarah and I decided we should go have some more fun at Studios.


We rode Tower and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster before heading to work later that afternoon. 
















April 12





Today was truly one of the best days ever!
I had the opportunity to do a backstage tour at Expedition Everest with some of my co-workers.

We got to enter DAK before the park opened, and I learned so many interesting things at the ride and the whole land.









Here are some of my favorite things from the tour:
  1. In the early years of the ride, costuming would go in and remove the "skin" of the yeti and clean it. 
  2. The yeti is operating in "B mode" and has been for a while. She was breaking the structure of the mountain when she would lunge, so they thought they fixed that with some cement. When she would lunge then, she started breaking her own struction. When the lights are on in her room, you can see where her back is broken. That is why she is currently in "disco" mode.
  3. Joe Rhode has promised to fix the yeti, but if/when he does, the ride will have to close because it will involve removing a whole side of the mountain to get the yeti out. 
  4. The ride would have been VERY different, if they wouldn't have spent so much money on the yeti ($10 million to be exact).
  5. The yeti is in the top 3 most expensive and largest animatronics... the other two: Shaman on Na'vi River Journey and Elsa.
Those are just a few things that I learned about the ride. We learned so many more things about the land and different things in the queue.















April 14



I guess I was just really loving Studios this week. I headed back there to see Edna, ride Mania, and watch the Frozen show!




April 15













 Sarah and I took a break from Studios to go to EPCOT.

We took some bubblegum wall pictures and got baguettes in France.

I also tried the shrimp and grits at the Florida Fresh booth for Flower and Garden.

We also happened upon Pluto and Eeyore.
















Comments