Don't Worry... I'll Be Back





To Chatham apartment #1103... thank you for all the good times that were had in the living room, kitchen, and dining room...

To bedroom #2... you confused me the first day, but after that, you were the best... and I was glad that the closet wasn't in the bathroom...





To Art of Animation... thank you for all the fun times and challenging times, you will forever be my first Disney job (and hopefully not my last)... somedays I wished that I was anywhere else, but the people that I met there were awesome and fun to work with... thank you for only playing like 7 songs in the dining room... I hate all of them now... if I hear one of them, I start screaming...



To my friends at Faulkner... thank you for letting me leave you for a semester and leaving you with the question of if I would be coming back... there were those days that I wanted to stay here at Disney forever, and there were those days that I couldn't wait to be back "In the heart of our fair Southland"...









To Mom, Dad, and Anna... you really did get the better end of this deal, free Disney tickets, you're welcome...










To Sarah... I'll see you again in my favorite place (but not yours, which I don't understand)...
I love you 3000 and all the other things that you say that you think are funny (even though some of them really aren't)...












Over the course of my program, I tried to write down and remember some random facts or things that I wanted to share. 
  1. Disney World is magical, but not all cast members are magical. When you do find the magical cast members, compliment them or atleast let them know that you appreciate them (somedays, in the dining room, I just needed a "thank you"). 
  2. There is never really a dead time at Disney World... there is a less busy time, but there are always going to be people, just more of them at certain times of the year...
  3. Stickers fix a world of hurt... I always kept a few Mickey and Star Wars stickers in my apron pocket just because you never know when someone will need a sticker
  4. After hours parties are WORTH IT. Sarah and I did one at Hollywood Studios on the 30th anniversary, and it was so fun! Most all of the rides are open with little to no wait, free ice cream, popcorn, and drinks, and characters everywhere... since it was the 30th anniversary there were special characters out, but during the regular nights, there are some characters out...
  5. Please enter the line with your whole party... I do not want your two kids climbing over me in line because they are trying to find you... (side note on this... someone needs to write a theme park etiquette book because a lot of people need to read it... not that they would read it, but its the thought that counts.
I could go on and on with this list, but I thought it would be best to stop there...
Now, here are some things that I took away from the DCP and would tell someone who was looking into it or was thinking about doing it...
  1. If you are a homebody, the DCP is not for you... I got to go home a few times while on my CP, but that was because how close my house was to Orlando... Some of my friends never went home... your family coming to you is very different than going home to your family...
  2. If you have to always be hanging out with someone, the DCP is not for you... there were some days that I got up and spent all day at the parks by myself... I might've seen a few friends along the way, but I was mostly riding Solo...
  3. You do get to see some non-magical Disney things... if you don't want the magic to be ruined, you might not enjoy that part of it... During Traditions, you go into the utilidoors, which was something that I was looking forward to, but I kind of didn't like it because it was really the first non-magical thing I saw at Disney...
  4. You do meet some of the best people ever! They are there to make magic, too, so that makes them extra special!




If you have somehow stumbled upon this blog, don't hesitate to comment with questions or message me on social media about the DCP... it's all I've been talking about for 11 months, and I'm not going to stop now...

I'm still going to keep this blog for college/life updates, but it won't be as frequent as Disney posts were...



Thank you for following along on my DCP journey... like I said in my last post, it was the most magical 7 months of my life...

Comments